Candy and Food Jobs!
There are many different types of candy and food jobs! Maybe you would like to actually be making
chocolate cookies or maybe you just want to be an accountant that counts the cookies. We have put together a list of
some of the jobs as well as some of the companies that hire people in the candy industry.
Research and Development Jobs in the Candy and Food Industry
Product Development Project Leader
- Responsible for assisting & developing product formulas for
new & existing products. Like new kinds of candy!
- Provide technical support to production, marketing & sales
Technical Services Coordinator
- Assist with development of in-house
and customer new food and
- Understanding of food and confection formulation development
and colorant properties
Research and Development Technician
- Responsible for new product formulation and test sample processing,
monitoring initial production runs, recording/analyzing data, calibrating test equipment, and validating specs for new ingredients.
Sample of Food Research and Development Job Requirements
- BS/BA degree preferably in Food Science
- Confectionery background with some knowledge of soft & hard
panning, chocolate, confectionery coatings, roasting, & open flame/savage cookers
- Ability to understand customer’s
product formulation and manufacturing process
- 5-7 years related experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Project management skills
- Confectionary experience
- Detailed documentation, written & verbal communication skills
- Self motivated & willing to learn our processes
- Computer & math skills
- Expertise with MS Office including Word and Excel
- Spanish a plus.
Quality Assurance Jobs in the Candy Industry
Quality Assurance Technician
· Perform QA functions such
as: maintaining quality audits & finished goods standards, collecting & analyzing data, and evaluating raw and packaging
materials against standards.
QA Assistant Manager
- Day-to-day supervision of the QA Department
- Generating ingredient statements/formulas and nutrition
- Administering kosher certification requirements and international
- Developing/maintaining product quality training programs
- Reviewing/updating HACCP plan
- Supporting/generating EPA reports
Sample of Quality Assurance Job Requirements
· 5 years of work experience
in a manufacturing environment (preferably food manufacturing/processing)
· Confectionary knowledge
- BS/BA degree in Food Science or Chemistry
- Microbiological plating and “wet lab” experience
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Database or ERP experience
Operations and Distribution Food Jobs in the Candy Industry
Vendor Managed Inventory Manager
- Responsible for developing and implementing methods, procedures
and systems to maintain VMI relationships with key customers
- Collaborate with appropriate customer contacts on a regular basis
to resolve issues, acquire information and ensure the efficient flow of data regarding sales orders
- Coordinate internal interfaces with Sales, Customer Service,
Operations and IT to achieve customer goals and company business plans
- Manage the creation and processing of weekly replenishment orders
from forecast to satisfy inventory and service level objectives of key customers
- Analyze customer inventory levels at the warehouse and store
level with regard to appropriate days of stock
- Maintain balance between the risk of stock-outs and the risk
of obsolescence in order to maximize profitability
- Proactive identification of and action taken on potential supply
- Responsible for the replenishment of finished goods inventories
within the distribution network
- Review inventories, forecasts, customer orders and scheduled
production and initiate time phased replenishment orders necessary to maintain desired service levels
- Plan for impacts of promotions on replenishable items and implement
strategies to position seasonal products in anticipation of sales.
- Review DRP planning parameters to ensure accuracy of data.
- Maintain inventory levels in remote Distribution Centers to accommodate
demand while keeping within the allotted capacity of the warehouse.
- Review Planned DRP reports. Proactively build replenishment orders
to cover forward-looking demand.
- Build transfer loads to achieve the maximum weight per load resulting
in lower freight cost on a per pound basis.
- Collaborate with VMI Managers / Production / Sales on impacts
of replenishment plans.
Class A Delivery Driver
- Responsible for delivery of food and candy from warehouses
to retail stores
- Deliver and unload product at 7-12 stops per day.
Sample of Operations and Distribution Job Requirements
- Proficiency in DRP and Demand Planning software
- At least 3 years experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Sales
Services or Vendor Managed Inventory
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organization and managerial
- Excellent communication, prioritizing and customer management
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and re-prioritize as needed
within available time lines
- MBA preferred.
- APICS certification a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel required.
- Experience with DRP planning system.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Marketing and Sales Candy and Food Jobs
- Leadership to Outside Sales and Customer Service departments
- Actively generate leads
- Establishes goals and objectives for street sales activities,
measuring and monitoring results, and developing strategies to meet goals and objectives.
- Research and analyze industry and demographic factors to capitalize
on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity
- Develop customer contacts and systems to improve profitability
- Balance the profitability of the company with the needs of customers
- Identify sales opportunities and make sales calls via telephone
or in-person as appropriate
- Call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders and
prime vendor contracts
- Proactively resolve issues and build relationships
- Developing and implement pricing plans
- Foster positive employee relations through effective communication,
coaching, training and development
National Account Manager
- Lead the sales team in their respective market segments
such as convenience store chains, distributors, grocery and specialty retail accounts.
- Set group and individual target quotas for the territory
and manage to them.
- Increase the company’s market penetration
- Research area demographics and related business trends within
the assigned region to assist in developing plans for marketing brands
- Coordinate and execute projects and activities for marketing
- Assisting with establishing strategic marketing plans to achieve
company objectives for products
- Executing marketing programs to achieve stated objectives regarding
- Function as a subject matter expert on different food brands
- Teach and coach staff within the assigned region regarding the
- Assist with development and coordinate incentives, promotions,
- Coordinate promotional events, sampling and other activities
to educate the consumer
- Work with predetermined staffing agencies to coordinate labor
for sampling activities
- Manage a geographic territory of approximately 200 accounts
calling on stores according to a set schedule to ensure objectives are achieved (that they buy lots of candy)
- Provide sales, merchandising and service support to accounts
within a specified territory
- Sell and order product and displays at the store level
securing full line distribution while striving to exceed established goals
- Clean, straighten, rotate, build and arrange displays/fixtures
- Respond to customer claims.
- Develop good working relationship with store personnel
- Educate store personnel about products and programs.
Inside Sales Representative
- Focus on prospecting new commercial business and maintaining
positive relationships with our existing clientele
- Assist in developing new marketing materials and sales proposals,
create direct mail and tradeshow materials and give sales presentations.
- Handle inquiries via inbound calls
- Prospect new customers via cold calling.
Sample of Marketing and Sales Job Requirements
- High energy, self-starting, competitive individuals
- Total understanding of the candy industry
- Direct experience within the market segment
in which you are applying
- Prior customer service or sales experience within the industry
- Master's degree (M.A.) in Marketing, Business Management
or related field
- Seasoned experienced professionals
- Five years foodservice industry experience
- Strong track record of foodservice sales leadership and
growth, and organization profitability
- Demonstrated ability to be strategic, developing workable
plans and holding others accountable
- Strong analytical skills including demonstrated knowledge
in basic accounting and financial analysis
- Strong organizational, follow-through, communication, customer
service, sales and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with
Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- A good driving record and auto insurance
- Demonstrated solid interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to present effective sales presentations and to
use negotiation skills
- Good organizational and planning skills needed to maintain
a set schedule of accounts.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to bend, reach, twist/rotate, stoop, carry and lift
up to 40lbs.
- Able to work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Reside within the specified geographic territory.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and re-prioritize
as needed within available timelines.
Accounting and Finance Jobs in the Candy and Food Industry
- Responsible for financial reporting including financial
statements, budgets, and tax compliance
- Oversee all aspects of monthly close and financial reporting
- Supervise daily treasury functions and monitor bank covenants
- Maintain weekly cash flow model
- Coordinate annual budget process
- Work with bank and external auditors and tax consultants
- Assist with government compliance and reporting including
compiling necessary information for various tax reporting. Assist in preparation of the monthly financial statements, various
- Assist in management of cash flow and cash flow forecasting
- Assist in preparation of budget.
- Assist in external audit and tax preparation.
- Maintain fixed asset records and capital project spending.
- Prepare cost studies and other special projects.
- Maintains professional employee standards through proper
orientation, training, and counseling.
- Safeguards confidentiality of company financial information.
- Responsible for applying principles of cost accounting
and statistics to provide management personnel with detailed cost data beyond what is supplied by the general accounting systems.
- Includes budgeting, production and labor efficiency analysis,
standard cost system administration, internal control measures, manufacturing variance analysis, and product costing/margin
- Responsible for product costing, variance and labor analysis,
inventory control and operational reporting.
- Administer the standard cost system, develop new product cost
estimates, and assist with ERP administration.
Sample of Accounting and Finance Job Requirements
- Ability to communicate findings in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to interact with all levels of management and production
- 3-5 years experience in Cost Accounting
- BA/BS degree in accounting, CMA/MBA a plus
- Excel and Access proficient, Hyperion a plus
- Experience with integrated MRP/ERP systems
- Motivated team player with leadership qualities
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills
- Familiarity with integrated financial and manufacturing systems
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Detail oriented and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Professional designations (CPA, CMA) strongly preferred.
- 4 plus years of public accounting and or private industry experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook,
and PowerPoint) required; Access preferred.
- Demonstrated financial modeling skills and knowledge of the correlation
between the cash flow, balance sheet and income statement.
- Experience handling large multi-task and deadline-oriented projects.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Strong communications skills including verbal, group presentation,
and written communication.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift a minimum 25 pounds.
- Limited travel may be required.
Retail Jobs in the Candy Industry
- Manage candy stores
- Smooth and efficient operation of the store
- Provide prompt, efficient and courteous customer service
- Be sales oriented and interested in recruiting, hiring, and training
- Sense of Urgency
- Track money
- Maintain a clean, customer friendly environment in the store
- Controls Expenses to Maximize Store Profitability.
- Assist customers with purchases of gifts, candy, and souvenirs
- Operate a cash register
- Responsible for writing on molded bars, tempering, demolding,
packing, and cleaning
- Place chocolate into the melter
- Assist customers with purchases of gifts, candy, and souvenirs
- Operate a cash register
- Stock shelves
- Maintain a clean work area
- Requires standing for 5-8 hours per shift
- Requires Pushing/Pulling/Lifting 25-50 lbs
- Requires Bending/Stooping/Twisting
Sample of Retail
- Prior retail management experience merchandising skills
- Great customer service skills
- Management skills
- Computer literate
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers
and fellow coworkers
- Must pay attention to detail
- Function effectively as part of a team
- Recognize the importance of quality and quantity as vital
to the success of the production area
Companies recently posting Candy and Food Jobs
Anthony-Thomas Candy Company
Brown & Haley
Candy Kitchen - Seasonal
Ethel M Chocolates
Farley’s & Sathers Candy Company
Georgia Nut Company
Hershey’s Chocolate World
Innovative Candy Concepts
Jelly Belly Candy Company
McDonald Candy Co. Inc.
Russell Stover Candies
Tootsie Roll Industries
Tropical Nut and Fruit